Community Solar Water Project
Tharparkar, Sindh is a barren desert which has been affected by drought For the last 17years. Most of the people live In mud hits below the poverty line. There is no Electricity.
The girls of the household spend a great deal of their time, often walking miles in the hot desert to collect water from deep wells. They carry the water in pots on their head.
This is for drinking, cooking, washing and even for livestock. With Allah’s permission and your help, I would like to build another solar water project to benefit a whole community of about 150 people The water is pumped to a community water reservoir, which we will build, powered by solar panels. Benefit approximately 150 people
• Deep borehole for long-lasting water • Community water storage facility with taps
• Solar panels, water pump
• 24hr Running water to the community Masjid
• 24hr Running water to the community school
• Standpipes for houses further away
• Cost is £1800 The response from the previous project was overwhelming. The gift of water is the best form of Sadaqah.
This will be Sadaqah Jaariya for us- every time someone uses this water for wudu and prayers, children use the water in the school, households drink, cook, wash and water their livestock, we will get the benefits inshallah.