Yemen Crisis Fundraiser
A’Salam Alaikum Brothers and Sisters. I’m organising a Charity event/fundraiser on the 30th of March in Barking in order for us to raise money to help give the families of Yemen the aid they deserve with your help.
For whoever that does not know what is happening in Yemen please keep reading:
- Yemen is the poorest Arab nation
- The war in Yemen has been described as the worst humanitarian crisis in the world
- Over 8 million people are on the brink of famine •Both sides of the conflict have taken part in war crimes, with civilians caught in the middle
- The conflict has killed at least 10,000, with more than 40,000 casualties
- 3 million people have been forced from their homes due to fighting, and 280,000 have sought asylum in other countries
- 22.2 million people are in need of life-saving humanitarian assistance including food, water, shelter, fuel and sanitation
- 2.5 million children are out of school due to fighting
- More than 11 million children, about 80% of the country’s population under the age of 18, face the threat of food shortages, disease, displacement and lack of access to basic social services
- Both the UK and the US have contributed to the problem through weapon sales
- During conflict attacks on civilian homes or buildings, targeting medical facilities, and launches from civilian areas are all banned by international law, but these laws have all been broken in Yemen.
Me being originally Yemeni, from going to visit my family in Yemen every year to not even having a proper airport anymore. I’ve never seen Yemen in such a horrible state in my life. please try to contribute whatever you can, whether its a small amount of money, whether it’s coming to the event and helping the brothers, maybe even a dua every night before you sleep, it will all count and I pray you all to get the rewards you deserve for helping us help Yemen.