Crisis Aid has linked up with JustGiving.com to provide you with an easy and effective way to collect sponsors and money for your own fundraising campaigns.
With Crisis Aid, every single pound raised through JustGiving, is allocated towards a fundraiser’s intended project.
It takes just five minutes to set up your own web page at justgiving.com. Just log on to www.justgiving.com/crisisaid and follow the instructions to build your page. Once your page is complete, you can email the page address to family, friends and colleagues. They will then be able to donate online with a credit or debit card.
Advantages of setting up your own page:
- It’s quick and easy
- Personalisation, for instance including your own message and updating the page as your fundraising progresses
- Ask friends overseas to donate as well
- Forget about the hassle of cash and cheques – money is transferred securely and quickly
- It’s available to all, so you could be raising money from people you’ve never met
- Every time someone sponsors you, you receive an email notification
- You can also access a page which gives you a breakdown of the money you raise through your campaign
Setting up your Fundraising Page for Crisis Aid
It’s quick and easy to set up a fundraising page for Crisis Aid on Justgiving.
Just follow the steps below to create your page for a charity:
- Log into your account and click ‘Start Fundraising’
- When asked ‘Are you fundraising for a registered charity?’, select ‘Yes, continue’.
- Search for the cause you want to support
- Let us know whether you’re taking part in an event, celebrating an occasion, fundraising in memory or doing your own thing
- If you can’t see your event listed, select ‘Add your own’ at the bottom of the page and tell us a bit more about your activity
- Choose your web address – this is the link you’ll be sharing with friends and family when asking them to donate
- Click ‘Create your page’
Your Fundraising Page is now set up and ready to accept donations. We’ll send the money that you raise to your charity on a weekly basis. Now you can start on the fun stuff – personalising your page and sharing it friends and family.
- Please note: Depending on the type of payment and card used, JustGiving will deduct a certain amount on money donated. Please contact JustGiving for further details.
- Please ensure any projects that you are fundraising for are being implemented by Crisis Aid. Stay updated via the website.
- For fundraising events or activities, please seek advice from Crisis Aid. The charity though will not be held responsible for any fundraising methods (and possibly their consequences) used by fundraisers.
- To ensure your fundraising progress can be tracked, please email [email protected] before starting your Just giving page. This is especially important for projects in which feedback is provided, e.g. water wells and masjid construction etc.
- Money donated for emergency appeals can only be allocated to the appeal as long the appeal is running. Any money donated after an appeal is closed will be allocated to the relevant country and then to the most needed project within.
- We advise donors NOT to pay their Zakah donations through JustGiving as there is a percentage that these online charity donation services charge on, and deduct from, your donation before it is deposited in Crisis Aid’s account. Due to this deduction, your Zakah obligation may not be fulfilled. If you still wish to donate your Zakah via these services, please add a bit more to your donation to make up for the shortfall.