Terms and Conditions
Please read these terms and conditions carefully before using this or any other Crisis Aid website or placing an order with us for any appeal we promote. If you are under 18, be sure to get a parent or guardian to read through these terms and to discuss them with you.
These terms apply to the entire contents of our websites and to any correspondence by email between you and us. Our privacy statement also forms part of these terms and should be read in addition.
These apply when you visit or use one of our websites including when you donate to an appeal, project or campaign from one of our websites.
We may change these terms at any time, in which case the amended terms will be posted on our websites. They will apply from the date we post them, except for any donation that we have already accepted from you before the new terms are posted which will continue to be subject to the terms in force when your order was accepted. Please check these terms on each occasion that you use our websites. If you continue to use our sites you will be bound by the latest terms.
Using our sites
You agree to only use our sites in a manner that complies with all applicable laws and regulations and is consistent with these terms and does not infringe the rights of anyone else, nor restrict or inhibit their use and enjoyment of our sites (including, without limitation, by hacking). We reserve the right in our sole discretion to deny any user access to any of our websites without prior notice.
You may access and use most parts of our websites without registering your details with us. To donate on our websites, or to take part in certain other activities on them, you need to register with us. Each registration must be for a single user only. Please ensure that the details you provide us with are correct and complete and inform us immediately of any changes. You must make sure that you keep your password confidential. This means that you must not share your password or let anyone else access your account. Always ensure you log out of your account at the end of your session to avoid anyone else using it. You should inform us immediately if you have any reason to believe that your password has become known to anyone else, or if your password is being, or is likely to be, used in an unauthorised manner. We may disable any user identification code or password, whether chosen by you or allocated by us, at any time, if in our opinion you have failed to comply with any of the provisions of these terms.
Crisis Aid uses, stores and process information about you in accordance with our privacy statement. By using our websites, you consent to such use, storage and processing.
Website content and user-added content
If you have a complaint about any content on any of our websites please notify us immediately by emailing us at [email protected] with the following information:
Your name, company or organisation name if relevant as well as contact details (both a land address, telephone number and email).
Details of the exact content complained of and details of why you are complaining about it.
Confirmation from you that the information you have provided is accurate, complete and not misleading.
Please note that no action can be taken without this information.
You must not post or transmit to this website any material:
• That is posting knowingly false or misleading, defamatory, illegal, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, liable to incite racial hatred, blasphemous, discriminatory, pornographic, sexually-oriented, threatening or invasive of a person’s privacy.
• That which you do not own or for which you have not obtained all necessary licenses and/or approvals;
• That which is technically harmful (including, without limitation, computer viruses, logic bombs, Trojan horses, worms, harmful components, corrupted data or other malicious software or harmful data).
Impersonating any person or entity, or falsely stating or otherwise misrepresenting your affiliation with anyone or any entity.
If you post or transmit to any of our websites any material of the type prohibited above and we incur any costs, expenses, liability or losses as a result then you agree to indemnify us for all such costs, expenses, liability or losses.
If you post or transmit any material to any of our websites you grant us the right to use, reproduce, modify and publish such material elsewhere in our websites and publications. You also grant us the right to use the name that you submit in connection with such content, and we shall be entitled to reveal your identity (or any information which we have about you) to any third party who is claiming that any of that material violates any of their rights or to any government or regulatory authority that is entitled to require us to do so.
We may remove or edit any material or posting you make on any of our websites at any time.
Intellectual Property Rights
You acknowledge that all copyright, trademarks and other intellectual property rights in our websites and all photographs, footage, designs, images, text, software, data and other material on our sites or generated by our sites are owned by us. You are permitted to use the sites and this material only as expressly authorised by us.
You are permitted to print and download extracts from our websites for your personal non-commercial use and for private study or teaching purposes, provided in each case that:
• Copyright and source indications are also printed and copied.
• No modifications are made to the materials and they are not used as part of any other publication.
• Any document is printed and copied entirely and is not used in a derogatory or misleading context.
• The material is not used in a manner, which may damage our reputation or otherwise be harmful to us or impair our ability to achieve our charitable objects.
• No other use of the material in our websites may be made without first obtaining our written permission. In particular, you must not do the following unless you have first obtained
Our written permission:
• Incorporate any material from our sites in any other work or publication, whether in hard copy or electronic form.
• Make any commercial use or publication of any material on our sites (other than as necessary for the purpose of viewing the sites in the course of business).
• If you wish to use any material from any of our sites other than in accordance with terms above please email your request to [email protected]
• The photographic, text and other graphic images within any products or publications supplied to you are copyright works and none of them may be copied, reproduced, licensed or otherwise exploited.
• The Crisis Aid name and logo are protected under the Patent Act. Other logos and names used on our sites may be trademarks of Crisis Aid or their respective owners. We give no permission in respect of the use of any such trademarks, names or logos and such use may constitute an infringement of the holder’s rights.
Any rights not expressly granted in these terms are reserved.
While we endeavour to ensure that the information on our websites is correct, we do not warrant the accuracy and completeness of that information. The material on our websites may be out of date, and we make no commitment to update such material. We may make changes to the material on our websites, or to the appeals and prices described in them, at any time without notice.
You may not access our sites from countries where their contents are illegal or unlawful. If you do access our sites from locations outside the United Kingdom, you do so on your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
We take every reasonable care to ensure that all donations are conducted via a secure link. However, the security of information and payments transmitted via the internet cannot be guaranteed and as we are not responsible for the operation of the secure link we will not, unless we are negligent, be liable for any loss you may suffer if a third party obtains unauthorised access to any information you provide.
We use Charity Checkout, Stripe, Just Giving and Facebook as platforms for taking donations via our website and social media. These are trusted sources by us and well-known platforms used by many charities. However, we do not take any responsibility for mistakes or errors they make, or losses you may incur using their platform. Once you enter onto their platform for payment your financial transaction is their responsibility. Should you wish to contact them you may contact our office for their details.
We do not warrant that the functions contained in our sites will be uninterrupted or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that our sites or the servers that make them available are free of viruses or bugs or represent full functionality, accuracy or reliability of the materials. We will not be liable for any loss, disruption or damage to your data or your computer system or any other damages (including amongst other losses, loss of profit or loss of use) arising out of your use or delay or inability to use our sites, their content or any link to another website arising in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise except in the case of death or personal injury caused by our negligence.
Wearing any garments bearing the Crisis Aid logo does not permit any person to collect any item of donation or monitory donation on behalf of Crisis Aid. Crisis Aid does not take responsibility for any person’s actions whilst wearing any garments bearing the Crisis Aid logo. Any persons who are working for Crisis Aid in any capacity or collects any items of donations or money on behalf of Crisis Aid will have an ID card. Please ask for ID before handing over any items of donations. You can also contact us on the numbers provided on the ID cards to verify.
We do not limit in any way our liability by law for fraud or death or personal injury caused by our negligence or breach of statutory duty or any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by us or our employees or agents in circumstances where:
• Loss or damage was not reasonably foreseeable to both you and us when you commenced using our site or when a contract for the supply of products by us to you was formed.
• Loss or damage was not caused by any breach by us, our employees or agents.
• Loss or damage relates to business and/or non-consumers (including loss of profits, revenue, contracts, anticipated savings, data, goodwill or wasted expenditure).
Our sites may contain links to third party websites. Such links are provided for your convenience only. We do not necessarily control such websites and are not responsible for their contents. The mere inclusion of such links does not imply any endorsement of the material on those websites or any association with their operators. If you decide to access any of the third-party websites linked to or from our websites, you do so entirely at your own risk. We cannot guarantee that these links will work all the time and we have no control over the availability of the linked pages.
If you wish to link from your website to any pages of our sites you may do so only on the basis that you link to, but do not replicate, the website page, and subject to the following
• The linking text must simply consist of the website address.
• You do not remove, distort or otherwise alter the size or appearance of any logos on our sites
• You do not in any way imply that we are endorsing any products or services.
• You do not misrepresent your relationship with us nor present any other false information about us.
• You do not otherwise use any Crisis Aid logo displayed on our sites without our express written permission.
• You do not link from a website that is not owned by you.
• Your website does not contain content that is distasteful, pornographic, infringes any intellectual property rights or other rights of any other person or otherwise does not comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
At any time and at our complete discretion we reserve the right to withdraw the permission to make website links to our sites.
If any provisions of these terms are determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any country which apply to these terms, then so far as these terms apply within that country in which those provisions are illegal, invalid or unenforceable those provisions shall be severed and deleted from these terms and the remaining provisions of these terms shall survive, remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.
If you breach these terms and we take no action, we will still be entitled to use our rights and remedies at a later date or in any other situation where you breach these Terms.
Events beyond our control
We will not be liable to you for any delay in delivering any services or for breach of our obligations, if the delay or breach is due to acts of God, civil commotion, riots, malicious damage, floods, drought, fire, legislation, failure of isp or telecommunications provider or any other cause beyond our reasonable control. This does not affect your statutory rights.
Law, courts and language
These terms, use of our sites and the supply of services by us are governed by and to be interpreted in accordance with English law. In the event of any dispute arising in relation to these terms, use of our sites or in relation to the supply of any services by us the English courts will have jurisdiction over the dispute. These terms and our websites are provided in the English language only.
All donations for appeals are subject to availability and we reserve the right to refuse to supply to any individual or company.
Your submission of a donation represents an offer to purchase the appeal indicated by you and is not binding on us until we have accepted your donation.
All donations that specify a particular appeal will be closed donations and only used for that purpose. The exception to this is:
• If we cannot use your donations in the appeal you requested. Due to the appeal being unavailable we will put your donation towards a suitable substitute.
• If we receive more donations than our target set for any campaign or appeal or project. Any extra donations we receive will be put towards similar projects and appeals.
• If we do not raise enough funds for a particular appeal, which you have donated to, the management will use their discretion to either add funds from the general donations to complete that appeal or move the donations from the insufficient fund to another similar fund.
If an appeal is shown on our sites but is not available or is incorrectly priced or otherwise incorrectly described or if we are unable to arrange its distribution, we will put your donation towards a similar appeal.
Shortly after we receive your donation, we will acknowledge it by email, detailing the appeals you have donated towards. This email is issued automatically.
Acceptance of your donation for an appeal and completion of the contract between you and us will take place when we receive the full amount of the appeal into our bank account.
We accept Visa Debit card, Switch, Mastercard and Visa card. We cannot accept payment by cheque for donation made via the Internet.
We also collect and correctly apply donations by Islamic categories, like Fidya, Kaffarah, Zakat, Aqeeqah, these are restricted by Shariah Criteria, in which the management will select the country based on overall considerations.
If you want to cancel your donation before it is used for your requested appeal or project, please contact our team by email, telephone or post – see Contact us for our details.
If the order has not been made to distribute the aid, then we will honour your cancellation.
If your donations have been used we offer no refund and no cancellation.
In kind donations the likes of clothes, shoes, bags and belts will be collected via our container campaigns. Crisis Aid has a policy of retaining 10% of the in-kind donations to recycle in order to cover running costs and freight costs. Our container campaigns have a start date and finish a date, any in kind donations we receive after the finish date will be either sold on, recycled or sent on the next available container at the discretion of management.
Crisis Aid strives to provide a high standard of service for all its donors, volunteers, helpers, and supporters. We believe that we are but a stepping-stone to enable your donations reaches the poor and needy around the world. The main driver of this charitable work is you. Thus, we serve the public and take our responsibility seriously. However, though we strive to minimize them, we will make mistakes, as is the nature of mankind. We need you to aid us, advise us and help us correct them in order to provide a better service for all.
You may contact us on [email protected] to register your concerns or complaints
If you make a complaint within one month of an incident occurring then we will endeavour to respond and give you a reply within 14 days. If the matter requires more time we will write to you and let you know. We aim to solve all complaints and disputes within 30 days.
If you want to cancel your donation before it is used for your requested appeal or project, please contact our team by email, telephone or post:
Crisis Aid, Unit 21, Progress Park, Ribocon Way, Luton, Lu49uR
If the order has not been made to distribute the aid, then we will honour your cancellation and refund your full amount. If your donations have been used, or the order for the donation to be processed has been given, we offer no refund and no cancellation.
If your donation was an accident, mistake or computer error, we will endeavour to provide a full refund within 3 working days as long as you report this to us within 14 days. Any accident, mistake or computer error reported to us after 14 days we cannot guarantee a refund if we cannot trace the error on our systems.